|Shelf Life||12 Months|
|Available Pack Size||1, 5, 10 & 20 liter|
|Coverage||70 to 80 ft square per liter|
system comprises of a single part water based acrylic emulsion sealer coat cum primer coat and a single part aliphatic acrylate, water based top coat. It gives resistance to aggressive agents, cracks, UV rays and rain, Maiz COAT system is supplied in ready to use packs and available in a range of color.Uses:
- Maiz COAT system is suitable for use on all types of structures which are directly exposed to sea, and to protect structures from attack by acid gases, chloride ions,sulphates, oxygen and water. The products is also suitable to protect other cementitious substrates and masonry.
- Protects exposed reinforced concrete structures from atmospheric gases-excellent barrier to Carbon dioxide, chloride ions, sulphates, oxygen and water
- It resists efflorescence and lime blooming with good adhesion on all cement plasters. It hides surface undulations and fine surface cracks.
- UV resistant- aliphatic acrylate gives resistance to long term weathering.
- It contains special glass fibres to maintain anti cracking properties.
Instructions for Use Preparation:
- The company provides a technical advisory service supported team of specialists in the field.
- All surfaces should be dry and free from contamination such as oil, grease, loose particles, decayed matter, moss, algae growth, laitance, and all traces of mould release oils and curing compounds. This is best achieved by lightly grit blasting the surface. Where moss, algae or similar growths have occurred, treatment with a proprietary biocide should be carried out after the grit blasting process. It is essential to produce an unbroken coating of Maiz COAT water based system. To ensure this is achieved, surfaces containing blowholes or similar areas of pitting should first be filled using a suitable fairing coat.
- Application should not commence if the temperature of the substrate is below 10°C. The primer should be allowed to dry for a minimum of four hours before application of Topcoat. Under no circumstances should the primer be over coated until the surface is properly dry.All primer substrates should be treated with two coats of Maiz COAT system. The material should be stirred well thoroughly before use. The first coat should be applied to all areas by the use of suitable brushes or rollers to achieve a uniform coating. This coat should be allowed to dry before applying the second coat. The second coat of Maiz COAT water based system must be applied exactly as detailed above. Maiz COAT system can also be spray applied. And queries relating to spray application should referred to the local Redwop office prior to the commencement of work. For further information about application techniques, Redwop shall be contacted.